Everybody understands the importance of safety, and we all want ourselves and our family members to remain safe. To make people aware of the safety measures, India celebrates National Safety Day every year on March 4th.
On national safety, the government tries to motivate people to integrate safety measures in their lives and educate others about those measures.
Majorly this day is celebrated to make sure that people are aware of industrial accidents, and the safety week campaign focuses on reducing the number of industries related accidents.
Why is National Safety Day Celebrated?
In 1966 The ministry of labor started the national safety council of India on March 4th. The idea behind this council was to create the SHE campaign. The SHE campaign stands for the safety, health, and environmental movement.
In 1972, the Government decided to celebrate March 4th as national safety day, and it won’t be celebrated just for a day, but it will be more like an awareness week.
Since then, the Government of India celebrates this day and the cooperation of various industries, agencies, organizations, and institutions.
The primary work of the national safety council is to make people aware of the cultural, scientific, and societal safety measures. For the whole week, this day is celebrated from March 4th every year.
Importance of National Safety Day/Week 2022
We don’t think we have to explain the importance of national safety day, but to understand the hazardous possibilities in our surroundings, National safety day is celebrated.
Most of the dangerous events happen in the industries, and to look after that as well government started this day, it makes sure that industry runners are taking proper measurements and care in the workplace.
Most of the deaths happened due to insufficient knowledge in the workplace; therefore, to make people aware of road safety, workplace safety, human health, and the environment’s safety, National safety week is observed every year.
The national safety council looks after the celebration of this day every year, and it tries to promote the importance of this day at the state and national levels.
Themes of National Safety Day 2022
National Safety Day has a different theme every year to make people aware of a particular safety protocol. This year in 2021, where India Celebrated its 50th national safety day, the theme was Sadak Suraksha (Road Safety).
However, in 2020 the theme of the safety week was to Enhance health and safety performance by use of advanced technology.
National safety day 2022 will be celebrated for a week with a different theme but a similar motive.
Some of the Previous Years Themes
- 2011: Establish and maintain preventative safety and health culture
- 2012: A fundamental human right
- 2013: Working together to ensure a safe and healthy workplace
Also, read about- National Simplicity Day
- 2014: Manage stress at workplace and control hazards and Safety: It takes all of us
- 2015: Build a safety culture for sustainable supply chain
- 2016: Strengthen safety movement to achieve zero harm
- 2017: Keep each Other safe
- 2018: Reinforce positive behavior at the workplace to achieve safety and health goals
Main Objectives of Celebrating National Safety Day
In a nutshell, the objective of celebrating National safety day is to make people aware of the importance of safety measures; however, there are various objectives undertaken by the Government of India for this day.
- To make people aware of the SHE movement. ( Safety, Health, and Environment).
- With the help of various activities, promote the safety culture in the society.
- Motivate people to make the workplace safer for all people.
- Educate uneducated people and impart awareness in individuals and various organizations about developing a sustainable safety environment.
The Government of India has these objectives every year when they start a whole week of the safety campaign.
Every year based on the theme, they create a campaign, host events and make people aware about this day.
How can National Safety Day India be Celebrated?
There are numerous ways in which people can celebrate National Safety day 2022. We have mentioned a few of them below, and these are the easiest ways to mark the national safety day in India every year on March 4th.
Ways to observe this day:
- Organizations and various Institutions conduct seminars and workshops conferences to spread awareness in society regarding safety in multiple sectors.
- People should understand the importance of emergency management and drills and should make other people aware of it.
- In school, mock or emergency drills can be done to make students aware of the actions they must take in the case of an emergency.
- People can try to implement their plan as per the SHE movement started by the Government of India.
- Organize rallies and campaigns to promote a safety culture on all levels.
- Use the power of the mobile phone and spread adequate information about the safety policies of the Government and what individuals can do on their level.
Others Events for National Safety Week
We told you that National safety day is not limited to just one or two days. Still, it is celebrated for an entire week in which the government organized various events on the national level.
With the help of national activities, they try to make people aware of the importance of a safe environment for their families and fellow citizens.
Various organizations also conduct competitions like debate competitions, poster-making competitions, slogan writing competitions, etc., and safety awards are distributed to the people.
Many government organizations and educational institutions demonstrate skits and dramas exhibiting the importance of safety on this occasion. People also take the safety pledge.
In this week the government also organized safety training programs in which people are taught about mundane activities to make the environment safer.
In the training session, people are taught how to examine household vessel machines and assess various chemical and electrical appliances.
Citizens of India are also taught how to act in emergencies, and they are also provided with the knowledge of first aid and fire control.
We live in a world where everything is uncertain, and in this uncertainty, we must know how we can keep ourselves safe.
Learning a variety of safety measures comes in handy when we face risky situations in our life.
With the help of safety training, people will understand the right way to handle risky situations at their homes, streets, and workplace.
And it is also essential for the parents to look after their kids because they don’t have enough knowledge about being safe.
The government of India has taken an unprecedented step towards this by celebrating National Safety day India 2022 and providing citizens with safety training. The government is doing their bit in making the country a safe place to live.
Now it becomes crucial that citizens also understand their responsibility and help the government in spreading awareness regarding National safety day and help others also by educating them.